BeBop Sensors Joins National Center for Simulation
BeBop joins NCS as its first US-based VR-Haptic data glove member to advance immersive training in the Modeling, Simulation & Training association.
Berkeley, CA and Orlando, FL (April 14, 2020) – BeBop Sensors bebopsensors.com, the leader in smart fabric sensor technology with over four million state-of-the-art wearable smart fabric sensors shipped, announced today that it has joined the National Center for Simulation (NCS) to help accelerate the adoption of immersive training and simulation applications. Targeting military and government enterprises, the ultra-comfortable one-size-fits-all Forte Data Glove® provides true real-time haptic feedback that lets users “feel” textures and surfaces and move digital objects around as if they existed in real life in virtual training environments. Currently used by Armed Forces and Fortune 500 customers, Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition’s applications include Virtual Reality enterprise training and simulation, VR medical trials/rehabilitation, robotics, and drone control, VR CAD design and review, and more.
“Our products are enabling the next generation of immersive VR training and simulation applications,” Said Keith McMillen, CEO of BeBop Sensors. “Our partnership with NCS helps us bring BeBop Sensors’ latest products and technology to innovators around the globe.”
BeBop Sensors’ commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Forte Data Gloves take workplace VR training to the next level by enabling natural hand interaction and haptic feedback to create intuitive and immersive XR training experiences for developing skilled workers. They address the need for replicating motor skills and developing proper muscle memory needed for today’s advanced procedural and operational training applications.
“The Forte Data Gloves will bring much-needed features in the VR training and simulation applications for our members and customers, ” said George Cheros, CEO of NCS. “We welcome BeBop Sensors to the NCS community and are looking forward to working together and creating valuable products and solutions for the Modeling, Simulation and Training industry.”
BeBop Sensors Photos:
BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/bebopsensorsfortedataglove.html
BeBop Sensors Logo: http://www.thomas-pr.com/136/photos/beboplogo.html
BeBop Sensors Videos:
BeBop YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmv9Arx_LvLmO2UViR76pHA/videos
Forte Data Glove Specifications:
- Universal Headset support (Oculus, HTC, Windows Mixed Reality, Varjo, and more)
- Universal support for a variety of development environments (Unity, Unreal, Windows API, Java Support, and others)
- 160 frames per second data rate eliminates lag for instantaneous response times, perfect for the most demanding enterprise applications
- 10 smart fabric bend sensors located above each knuckle provide bend accuracy and repeatability at +/- 1.5 degrees
- 9-degree IMU (Inertial Measurement Units) provide extremely low drift and reliable pre-blended accelerometer and gyro sensor data
- 6 haptic actuators are located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and the palm
- Up to 16 unique haptic sound files can be resident on the glove with new files rapidly uploaded over Bluetooth or USB
- Micro USB-C connector charges the internal lithium battery in 2 hours for an all-day battery life
- Accuracy and precision is provided by proprietary finger bend sensors with an under 6 millisecond response time
- Quick and easy integration within hours with an API and documentation
- Calibration in under 5 seconds
About the National Center for Simulation
NCSNation is a not-for-profit trade association with government, academic and industry members operating as an open consortium. The vision of NCS is to be the internationally recognized leader in promoting, protecting and growing the modeling, simulation and training (MS&T) community.
About BeBop Sensors & Award-Winning BeBop Sensors Products
BeBop Sensors products have won the Red Herring Award, the TIME Magazine Best Inventions Award, the IDTechEx Wearable Award, the Frost & Sullivan North American Technology Innovation Award, and the Gartner Cool Vendor Award. BeBop Sensors uses smart fabrics to create elegant sensor solutions for OEMs. BeBop’s sensors comprehend force, location, size, weight, bend, twist, and presence across any size, resolution, and geometry. The sensors are available for a wide variety of applications, including industrial, medical, human factors, Virtual Reality, gaming, design, automotive, sports, and more. BeBop’s technology is robust and proven with over four million sensors in daily use. Based in Berkeley, California, BeBop Sensors makes things knowable for product designers and visionaries. For more information and demonstrations, see the BeBop Sensors website at: bebopsensors.com.