1. Install Unity
- Install Unity v2019.2.0f1 by downloading the installer from the following website: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download
- Double click the installer file to start the installation.
2. Download the SDK
Download the Unity Core SDK package.
3. Import the SDK Package into a Unity Project
- Start the Unity application.
- Open any Unity project or create a new project by selecting “New” then selecting the 3D template.
- Import the package into the Unity project by selecting “Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package… “. Select the desired Forte Data Glove SDK package file at it’s downloaded location, then import all assets.
4. Open the Core SDK Example Scene
- Make sure the gloves are turned on but not paired. Never pair the Forte Data Glove via the Windows Bluetooth menu. For more detailed instructions on powering, go here: Powering On/Off & Connecting
- Open the Core scene by either using the project browser or using the menu option “File -> Open Scene” and navigating to Assets/DataGlove/Scenes/Core.unity
- Play the scene by pressing the blue play button at the top of the Unity project window.
The calibrate button is located in the bottom corner of the screen. This button will walk you through the setup to calibrate the glove, which is 3 different poses while wearing the glove.
Flat Calibration: All fingers are out straight
Fist Calibration: All fingers are in, except thumb
Thumb Calibration: Thumb curled in, while the other fingers are out
There are also hotkeys for calibrating:
H: home the rotation of glove to face forwards
F: Flat Calibration
K: Fist Calibration
T: Thumb Calibration
6. Using Haptic Commands
The Core scene has a row of haptic buttons along the top of the screen. Click and hold on a button to loop the active sound on the button’s corresponding actuator.
Change the active sound by selecting one of the waveforms in the waveform dropdown menu.
The six actuators are: