- Install Unreal via Epic Games Launcher
- Install the Data Glove Unreal SDK zip
- Install Steam and SteamVR
- Go through “Room Setup” with SteamVR
- Pair the Vive Trackers in SteamVR
When complete, your SteamVR setup should look something similar to this:
2. Set the Controller Platform for the Hand BluePrints
Each Hand BluePrint (Left and Right) has a controller platform, that can be set to support Vive and Oculus. In order to use the tracked location, first open the LeftHand BluePrint:
Then set the Controller Platform dropdown menu to SteamVR Tracker:
Next, hit the compile and save buttons on the modified LeftHand BluePrint.
Do the same steps for the RightHand BluePrint.
3. Set the Vive Tracker Roles to “Held In Hand”
Set your Tracker roles to ‘Held In Hand’ – Left (or Right) In the Steam VR application.
From the SteamVR Menu, select Devices -> Manage Vive Trackers:
Then select “Held In Hand” for both Trackers and set one track to Left Hand and the other to Right Hand.
Note: Vive Controllers must be turned off for the Trackers to work properly.
4. Select VR Preview on Play in Unreal Editor
In order to use the HMD in Unreal select “VR Preview” in the Unreal Editor.
Location Tracking will work in either Play mode.
5. Select the Glove Names in the Glove Selection Window
Select the the left and right glove names in the glove selection window by clicking on the drop down menus: